martes, 9 de junio de 2009

Волжский автомобильный завод


Here we start.
Friday 12th, in the morning Sara and I are planning to go to Riga to pick up Fernando, Piotr and Jorge. We gotta check many things, oil level, antifreezer level, tires pressure...etc. I am so excited!!!!
I hope everything will be great.
The idea is arriving to riga around 8:00 pm and spend there the night, then we'll come back in the next morning to Vilnius, where we'll spend the last erasmus days.
I think that if I don't break the car in this first trip, I'll be more confident about our chances of succes.
The way from Vilnius to riga takes around 300 km, lets say 600 the roundtrip, I'll take some picture in Riga and I'll upload here, so that I can have a picture in every city I visit with the Lada.

Now I have to tell you something. My Lada is not Lada anymore, actually it never was. The real name of the car is VAZ.
Ok, this name can be familiar if you are from east of Europe or if you really have some information about this Russian cars, otherwise it will seem like I was lying three weeks.
Lada comes from the group AUTOVAZ (in Russian «АвтоВАЗ»), which before was only VAZ (ВАЗ, Волжский автомобильный завод, Volzhski Automobillni Zavod); so, if you take a look in the papers of the car you will see that the real name of the car is VAZ 2103 =)
VAZ is still building their cars, the factory is a big complex in the Volga centras region, maybe you knew them because their most famous model, it is the well known Lada Niva, this car is quite spread around the world and its new models are still being built, anyway you can easily see in the road a Lada Niva from 80's because this car has two things. The first is a huge gas consumption and the second is that it is strong like hell.
See you soon friends, and I hope see you with my car still working after first real trip Km =)

1 comentario:

  1. como te odio!! xDD q envidia das!! snif snif.. good luck with you LADA-VAZ
    besines desde gijon!!

    PD: no te odio.. era una bromita..=P pero lo de la envidia es verdad!! xDD

    ResponderEliminar