martes, 31 de agosto de 2010

new adventure


This blog was meant to tell friends about our Lada adventure, as you know I'm kinda crazy guy and I decided to do another similar trip this summer, well, it's not that crazy, it's called camino de santiago and many people does it. I did it with the bike, and I can totally recommend it to everyone. Cheap vacations, in nature, meeting people, visiting new places...and safe!!!!!!!!!!!!! (this safe part is the one I'm not proud of :P)

This way to Santiago is a way that pilgrims have done for a lot of centuries in order to visit the grave of Santiago "Sanctus Iacobus" and clean their sins. I'm not expert on this topic, but if someone is interested on knowing more you can find information on wikipedia.


I'll tell what this way means for me, for me it means meeting a lot of nice people who are willing to help pilgrimgs, since nowadays it's a touristic path and many people are doing it, it means a way to make money for people in villages, however many of them want not only to make money but also to help pilgrims who walk long distances and need a cheap and hot meal and some bed to rest. During the path you can find many free hostels, yes free, some of them are paid by regional gouvernments, other are christian asotiations (nuns or monks) and some few are just volunteer people. Of course they accept donations, so you usually expend like 5 € sleeping there. There are also many private hostels with nice people who like helping pilgrims and by the way getting some money. There aren't expensive neither, so you really can have cheap vacations in nice tinny small villages surrounded by kind people. Moreover you practice sport and try to reach the end over all trouble you will for sure find during your way. For me it sounds like best plan ever. But maybe I didn't make the point clear, if for some reason in the end you cannot make it to Santiago it does not matter, because the path is not in the end, the path is the path by itself. There is a poem about the path I'll copy here. Translation is mine, so sorry if there is something wrong :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lo más hermoso de los sueños se encuentra en el camino que lleva hasta ellos.
Lo más hermoso de los sueños es soñar.
Si, más tarde, la vida tiene a bien hacer realidad tu sueño, agradéceselo y disfruta de esa realidad. Si no, agradéceselo también, sabiendo que te llevas en tu corazón la mejor parte de todo el proceso.

The most beautiful of dreams is on the road leading to them
The most beautiful of dreams is to dream.
If, later, life gives you the present of making your dream true, say thanks and enjoy that fact, otherwise say thanks too, knowing that you carry in your heart the best part of dreaming.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About my way, I made it from Burgos, I couldn't start in the beggining because we didn't have enough vacations, anyway, it was around 550 Km and I think i had enough :P

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario